First Hispanic Church in Pendleton

by Walter Pintos-Schmidt

This was a high Sabbath for those attending and pastor Amaya, who is speaking.
Pastor Robert Amaya, pastor of the Pendleton Spanish Church, holds the official certificate of the church dedication ceremony. 

Pendleton, Ore., February 27, 2014  -  Pendleton Spanish celebrated its organization to “church status” on Sabbath, February 22, 2014 at the Pendleton Spanish Temple. This local congregation has the firm support of the Pendleton Seventh-day Adventist Church.

At this organization ceremony, Paul Hoover, president of Upper Columbia Conference presented the word, stressing the need of building upon the right foundation (Matthew 16:18).

Along with sixty members signing as charter members, they were happy to also have Elders Hodgson, Sayler and Espinoza there along with Elders Johnson, Terry, Pintos and Amaya in attendance.

This new Pendleton Spanish Adventist Church is the first Hispanic church in Pendleton, Oregon. At 6:47 pm, Pendleton Spanish Church became the 15th congregation organized to “church” status since the UCC’s executive committee commissioned Elder C. L. Bond in 1956 to start evangelizing the Hispanics in the area of Granger, WA.

Glory to the almighty for His many blessings and the multi-ethnic evangelistic vision of the Upper Columbia Conference Constituency.

Walter Pintos-Schmidt, Dmin, is the Hispanic Ministries Coordinator for UCC