What is Literature Evangelism?
Literature Evangelism is a highly effective way of reaching souls for Christ! Through books, the Word of God is taken with students as they go door-to-door. Many students will find that the books they have, answer the very questions people have been asking! The Word of God is presented by smiling faces and life after life will be touched and transformed! It is a great way to share God’s love and at the same time help students with their school and finances.
What does a day in the life of a colporteur look like?
From Sunday to Thursday, students go door-to-door. Before going out, students have brunch, worship, training, and finally prayer together as they head out to share Jesus with their community. Students will go out in teams which are guided by experienced and trained leaders. On days off, students will find leisure time to do their laundry, relax, and have fun together. Sabbath is an opportunity to share with local churches the spiritual experiences they had in the field, plus allows them to experience the Sabbath rest in a different light.
Who can join?
You can join if you…
· Have a love for Jesus
· are at least 15 or older (limited space for students under age 16)
· Make a ten week commitment
· Work hard
Why should I join Upper Columbia Youth Rush?
1. Being involved in front line ministry will stretch and expand your Christian experience. Many students have seen their prayer and devotional life strengthen, while growing closer to their personal friend, Jesus.
2. Modern day miracles… They still happen! All it takes is a step of faith and a knock on someone’s door.
3. Missionary work that provides a scholarship! Schools will even match your earnings! This is a work that not only saves souls, but is also a great way of providing for your financial needs in education!
4. You will develop people skills, as well as leadership skills. You can use these skills at home, church, or even your future.
5. Safety! Two-way radios as well as trained leaders (who work with students constantly) have ensured our students with safety for a number of summers.
6. Housing, transportation, and brunch are provided without charge to the students during the entire 10 week program.